Malaysia Halal logo is an accreditation mark given by JAKIM (Jabatan Kemajuan Islam Malaysia) for a product / premise / manufacturer that have fulfilled every Halal standards and requirements according to the Manual Procedure For Malaysia Halal Certification. By this mark, the owner of product / premise / manufacturer are eligible by law to display the Halal logo on their products, or at their premise or at manufacturing facility. However, displaying Halal logo are subject to the specific categories of the Halal application itself.
In Malaysia, official Halal logo is protected by law, under Trade Description (Use of Expression “Halal”) Order 1975 (Perintah Perihal Dagangan (Penggunaan Istilah “Halal”) 1975). The law protects the Malaysian Halal logo from being misuse.
Official Malaysia Halal logo contains:
- 2 stars with 5 vertices on the left and right circle, separating the word “MALAYSIA” and “ماليزيا”
- “HALAL” word at the center.
- Top words refers to which Malaysian Standards for the Halal certification based on. For example, MS 1500:2009 refers to “Halal Food” standard.
Bottom words is the 10 last digit from file reference number of its Halal application. This number is unique and can be search at Malaysia Halal Directory Portal (www.halal.gov.my).
P/S: The number in above diagram is just an example.
- “MALAYSIA” word along the top of circle
- حلال (Halal) Arabic word at the center, on top of “HALAL” romanised word.
- ماليزيا (Malaysia) Arabic word along the bottom of circle
Other than the features above, the Malaysian Halal logo is made of 1 white circle with black outline, 1 smaller black circle with white Rub el Hizb octagonal shape.