The following documents are required by Malaysian customs for exporting products to Malaysia:
- Packing list
- Delivery letter
- Leaflet, catalogue or other related documents
- Insurance certificate, if insured
- Bill of lading / airway bill
- Letter of credit (if used)
- Permit, licenses/ certificates
- Proof of fare payment
- A declaration form (Customs Form No. 1) that indicates the number, description of packages/ crates, value, weight, quantity and type of goods and country of origin
- Completed Custom forms should be submitted to Customs offices at the place where the goods are imported or exported.
- All duties/ custom taxes imposed on imported goods will need to be paid in advance before the goods can be released. Taxes to be paid include import tax and sales tax.
Additional documentation may be required to certify US content. U.S. exporters are advised to confirm documentary requirements before shipping.