JASIN, Oct 12 (Bernama) – A total of 32 electrical accident cases was recorded in Peninsular Malaysia and Sabah as of September 30, with 16 cases resulting in death.
Energy Commission (ST) Consumer Affairs Unit, senior deputy director Fairus Abd Manaf said the incidents occurred in homes and factories and a fatal case in Melaka was due to electric shock when current flowed from the zinc roof.
“As such ST is committed to increasing awareness in society on the importance of electrical safety by ensuring that electrical installations at residential premises are safe and comply with the required technical standards.”
Click for full article https://www.bernama.com/en/general/news.php?id=2234284
As an importer or seller, please ensure that before offering your electrical products to the market, you equip them with the ST-SIRIM label for consumer safety.
Additionally, consumers should also remember to enlist the services of a registered contractor for any wiring works and avoid operating electrical equipment in wet conditions. It’s crucial to prioritize safety in both manufacturing and consumer usage.
For those of you who intend to import, bring in, or sell your electrical or electronic products in the market, we would like to assist you with document-related inquiries and processes so that you do not encounter any losses due to your negligence.
Please contact us at AnsarComp at +603 5192 2185 or simply email us at email@example.com; we are ready to assist you!
Visit our website for more information: https://ansarcomp.com.my/